Why Legacy Homes?
Our team of professionals will design and build your home with the utmost quality and skill.
We have been serving the Ottawa Valley for over 30 years – and exceeding customers expectations.
Our custom home designs are just that – custom to you. Our growing options of floorplans and endless finishing touches will ensure your new home is unique.
Legacy New Home Development is a local, family run business that has been providing quality new home construction for the residents of Petawawa, Pembroke, Laurentian Valley and Deep River since 1989.
All our skilled tradesmen are locally hired and many have been working with our firm since we began. Our philosophy has always been simple:
- Provide a superior product in a superior location
- Create and build great value into our homes
- Make the process of new home construction a fun, enjoyable and memorable experience for our clients
Our Model Homes
Peace of Mind Warranty Coverage
1 Year Warranty
- Requires a home is constructed in a workman-like manner and free from defects in material;
- Protects against unauthorized substitutions
- Requires the home to be fit for habitation;
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations; and
- Applies for one year, beginning on the home’s date of possession even if the home is sold.
2 Year Warranty
- Protects against water penetration through the basement or foundation walls;
- Protects against defects in materials that affect windows, doors and caulking and defects in work that results in water penetration into the building envelope;
- Covers defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems;
- Covers defects in work or materials that result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding);
- Protects against violations of the Ontario Building Code that affect health and safety; and
- Applies for two years, beginning on the home’s date of possession.
3-7 Year Warranty
Your home’s seven year warranty covers major structural defects (MSD) and begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the seventh anniversary of that date. For example, if your home’s date of possession is October 23, 2005, the seven year MSD warranty begins on October 23, 2005 and remains in effect until and including October 23, 2012.
A major structural defect is defined in the The Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act as:
In respect of a post June 30, 2012 home, any defect in work or materials in respect of a building, including a crack, distortion or displacement of a structural load-bearing element of the building, if it,
(i) results in failure of a structural load-bearing element of the building,
(ii) materially and adversely affects the ability of a structural load-bearing element of the building to carry, bear and resist applicable structural loads for the usual and ordinary service life of the element, or
(iii) materially and adversely affects the use of a significant portion of the building for usual and ordinary purposes of a residential dwelling and having regard to any specific use provisions set out in the purchase agreement for the home
The seven year MSD warranty includes significant damage due to soil movement*, major cracks in basement walls, collapse or serious distortion of joints or roof structure and chemical failure of materials. In addition to the general exclusions, the seven year MSD warranty specifically excludes: dampness not arising from failure of a load-bearing portion of the building; damage to drains or services; and damage to finishes.
What People are Saying
Legacy Homes built our dream home!!!
Darryl Lance and Legacy Homes have treated us like family. All the tradespeople and suppliers knew us by name and always looked out for our best interest. My wife and I don’t plan on building anytime in the near future, but if we did, we know there would be no doubt … LEGACY!!!
Legacy Homes built our house in 2016 and we have been extremely happy with the construction of the home, as well as the quality of all the materials used to build it. You can’t ask for a more accommodating company to build you your dream home!
I couldn’t be happier with my new home and the experience I had with Legacy Homes. They went above and beyond for my family and I. Great attention to detail, easily accessible for all my questions, they were efficient and professional all around. I highly recommend this company!
Legacy Homes was a pleasure to work with In our adventure as first-time home buyers. We had a great experience working with the various local companies to make a house a home.
Their townhomes are simply top of the line, from the overall style/functionality down to the world-class finishing. We look forward to enjoying our home for many years to come.
I have had the pleasure of working with Legacy New Home Developments since 1998. Over the years, I have seen firsthand the high quality of the new homes produced by the Legacy team. Legacy has consistently exceeded the expectations of my clients. From initial client meetings with Darryl to onsite construction meetings the Client is always kept informed of the building process.
I have been a registered Broker since 1992 and introduce my clients to Legacy New Home Developments with confidence for the construction of their new homes. The combination of excellent workmanship and Darryl’s friendly, accessible approach to business is a welcome, proven recipe to create a new, happy homeowner!